Osteopathy Service in Shropshire to diagnose and treat a wide range of injuries and conditions
including sciatica, back pain, neck pain and sports injuries.
Book an osteopath session today for a thorough assessment and detailed treatment plan
Osteopathy available from Optimal Movement is a holistic approach to treatment that can enhance joint mobility, relieve muscle tension and improve the blood flow to bodily tissue. Osteopathy treatment is based on ensuring that your skeleton, muscles and connective tissues are functioning together in a smooth manner. This is achieved through a combination of techniques that include, but are not limited to, stretching, mobilisations, manipulations and massage.
Restoring your body to a state of balance through eliminating common injuries such as sciatica, back pain and neck pain is the objective of our osteopath. This goal is achieved without the use of medical intervention such as drugs and surgery. Your body has its own healing mechanisms and these mechanisms are utlised during and after treatment through techniques at the time and also advice on physical activity following the session.
Osteopaths use a number of techniques in order to ensure balance is restored to the human body. Although it is a holistic approach to treatment, because many systems and structures within the human body are interacting and therefore having a bearing on wellbeing, the techniques can be focused on a specific area of the body.
Conditions and Injuries an Osteopath can treat:
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Headaches and Migraines
- Digestive Disorders
- Pelvis and Hip Pain
Osteopathic techniques and objectives:
- Joint mobilisations
- Physical Manipulation
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Reducing Muscular Tension
- Increasing Blood Supply
- Accelerating Healing
25 Minutes Osteopathy(For Existing Visitors Only)
- For repeat clients currently undertaking a treatment plan
- This session is only available if we’ve seen you before and been through an initial consultation
50 Minutes Osteopathy(For New & Existing Visitors)
- Includes initial consultation and treatment session with our osteopath
- Our most popular injury treatment session, providing enough time to thoroughly inspect progress and prescribe a rehabilitation plan
75 Minutes Osteopathy(For New & Existing Visitors)
- Includes initial consultation and treatment session with our osteopath, ideal for first-timers to the Optimal Movement clinic
- Our most in-depth treatment session. This session is suited to those who have multiple injury concerns, have been stopped in their tracks by a setback or are trying to recover from a serious injury
See other services available to you.
The majority of athletes we treat and coach have been training hard for events that have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mentally this can be very difficult when you have been putting hour after hour in on the road or in the pool. Daily routines and...
At Optimal Movement we often recommend foam rolling to aid in the recovery from injury and ultimately to improve performance. Many people have a foam roller at home but don't use it. A lot of the time it ends up being used as an over-sized doorstop or makeshift...