Fitness tests can provide a wealth of data on strengths, weaknesses and optimal training and racing plans. Using the latest technology, you can take your performance to the next level.
Physiology testing can offer a huge range of benefits, irrespective of ability level. Through the latest sports science, Optimal Movement is able to offer testing to take your performance to the next level. We can measure key elements of your physiology that will provide an accurate assessment of your current state of fitness. Using these measurements, we are then able to recommend the most effective types of training that can be used to improve your current levels.
What We Test
- Lactate Threshold
- VO2 Max
- Haemoglobin (Hb) and Haematocrit (Hct)
- Resting Metabolic Rate
- Energy Expenditure
- Identify your individual training zones
- Tailor programmes for weight loss or weight gain
- Create pacing strategies for competitive events
- Identify calorie expenditure while resting and training
- Objectively determine fitness levels
- Reveal and capitalise on areas of potential
Submaximal VO2 & Threshold TestDefine Your Optimal Training Zones
- Identify training and racing intensities specific to you Gauge training and racing intensities for longer events Maximise the efficiency of your training What you receive: A report that contains detailed training information based on your individual test data What is involved: Detailed VO2, Heart Rate, Speed/Power and Ventilation data is recorded every 15 seconds during walking, running or cycling. During the submaximal test, intensity will be increased until you reach 80% of your maximum heart rate
Resting Metabolic Rate TestAccurately Measure your Calories Burned at Rest
- Accurate testing using a state of the art metabolic analyser and face mask Determine your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and identify whether you have a fast or slow metabolism What you receive: A detailed report that shows exactly how many calories to eat to lose, gain or maintain weight What is involved: A thorough assessment followed by approximately 20 minutes of inspired and expired gas analysis. There is absolutely no exertion involved during this test, just sit back, relax and let us do the work!
See other services available to you.
It may be cliche but it really has changed my daily life and outlook. I have the confidence to get back running and improve my fitness in the gym
Oli’s treatment was an invaluable part of my success, which enabled me to go on and compete for Great Britain at the world Indoor Championships.
Joe’s knowledge and expertise used to diagnose and treat my lower back problem was excellent.