Triathlon Training Plans
Triathlon training plans from Optimal Movement which target Half and Full Ironman training, sprint triathlon training and Olympic triathlons. Get the most out of the time you invest into improving across all three disciplines.
Triathlon Training Plans with Triathlon Coach
The distribution of time spent training in each discipline of triathlon is paramount to achieving triathlon success. Although the sport is composed of 3 constituent parts, triathlon is a sport in itself. For example, what training you do on the bike can have an effect on your run. Likewse, what you do in the gym can have a positive or negative effect on your swim.
Optimal Movement’s long-term bespoke triathlon training plans are tailored to your own personal objectives and lifestyle. Whether your objective is to complete an Ironman race in under 10 hours or confidently complete a local sprint triathlon without feeling like you have excessively abused your body, we will ensure your training programme is correctly suited to the time you have available to train and the goals you are aiming to achieve.
Time is often a limiting factor when training for triathlons. The Optimal Movement approach to triathlon coaching involves maximising gains and finding the “minimal effective dose” to ensure you reach your potential. This can be discovered using the technologically advanced tools at our disposal such as physiological testing, blood profiling, gait and movement analysis and Heart Reate Variability tracking.
Personalised Triathlon Training Plans
- Detailed Initial Consultation
- Your Personal Coach
- Unlimited Coach Contact
- Premium Subscription to our Coaching Software and App
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Tracking
- Progressive Training Plans
- Race Day Advice
- Nutritional Guidance
- Discount on Optimal Movement Products and Services
- Individual, personal programmes
- Works with your lifestyle and goals to achieve results
- Most effective plan for your needs
- Ongoing support from experts
- Motivational and Enjoyable
- Fatigue Resiliance
- Expert Knowledge
- Utilising latest technology
- Injury Expertise
- Professional Guidance
Biomechanical and Physiological Experience
Any traithlon no matter the distance is particularly stressful on your body. Within a triathlon race you will be rotating your shoulders in the swim, pushing/pulling on your pedals in the bike and impacting the ground during the run thousands of times. Each running footstrike involves a force of two to three times your body weight. This alone can be felt, to some degree, through your entire bone structure, muscles, tendons and ligaments. The repetitive nature of endurance sport leaves everyone susceptibile to chronic injury and fatigue.
It is for this reason that all Optimal Movement coaches are trained in injury prevention, movement analysis and training load management within coaching. This makes our triathlon coaching service unique and ensures you remain injury-free throughout your training plan. General fatigue is also reduced through the implementation of physiological and biomechanical tracking such as gait and movement analysis as well as blood testing and Heart Rate Variability (HRV) tracking.
Personalised Triathlon Coaching
Triathlon Coaching Package
- Weekly, Individualised Training Plan built around your schedule
- Premium Training Software Membership with App Access
- Your Personal Dedicated Triathlon Coach
- Unlimited Contact via Text or Email
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Tracking (optional)
- Support on Race Day, with Strength and Nutrition
- Initial Consultation & Monthly catch up
- Discount on Optimal Movement Services & Products
- Access to the latest technology and testing methods
See other services available to you.
For many people stretching (flexibility training) is an important part of their pre and post exercise routine. However, in recent times the effectiveness of it has been questioned. When stretching, we need to consider when and how it should be performed in order to...