Experienced paediatric physiotherapy service, providing childrens physiotherapy treatment in a safe, friendly and enjoyable environment. Childrens physio treatment available up to 18 years.
The aim of Paediatric Physiotherapy treatment is to help a child move better, get stronger and feel more confident in their daily activities and sports.
Assessment and treatment may include hands-on techniques, movement screens, exercise therapy and management strategies.
We understand that it can feel scary coming to an appointment for the first time and we will do our best to make you and your child to feel comfortable, reassured and empowered.
We want babies, children and young people to have the best possible experience when receiving care and treatment. Where appropriate, we encourage and support parents to involve their child in making decisions about their healthcare. Our aim is to involve the child or young person in making decisions and creating goals, in a way that is appropriate for their age and understanding.
Our musculoskeletal childrens physiotherapy service encompasses assessment and treatment for muscle, joint, tendon, ligament, bone and nerve pain and injury, including but not limited to:
- The Ankle
- The Knee
- Hips and back
- Neck and shoulder
- Wrist, hand and arm
During an appointment we will ask you questions about, and related to your pain, injury and goals. We will also ask about your lifestyle and medical history, including birth history, to make sure that we can support you with a plan and give you relevant advice to help you on your wellness journey.
We will discuss all possible treatment plans with you and give you any relevant advice, tips and strategies.
We are here to support you to reach your goals and so time will be taken at the first appointment to make clear, achievable goals.
If, at any part of your journey with us, we feel that you would benefit from seeing another health professional then we will discuss your options with you at your session.
25 Minutes Paediatric Physiotherapy
- This session is only available if we’ve seen you before for childrens physio treatment and have been through an initial consultation
50 Minutes Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Includes initial consultation and treatment session. If you’ve already had an initial consultation then we’ll get straight into the treatment
- Our most popular paediatric physiotherapy session, providing enough time to thoroughly inspect progress and prescribe a rehabilitation plan
75 Minutes Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Includes initial consultation and treatment session, ideal for first-time children to the Optimal Movement clinic
- Our most in-depth paediatric physio session. This session is suited to those who have multiple concerns of a more complex origin
See other services available to you.
For many people stretching (flexibility training) is an important part of their pre and post exercise routine. However, in recent times the effectiveness of it has been questioned. When stretching, we need to consider when and how it should be performed in order to...